Tuesday, June 24, 2014
The month of May ended up being a sad month for me. I lost my best friend, my sister, the end of the month. . She had been ill for over a year. She could not walk and had been doing rehab of all kinds. She wasn't getting any better. She had fallen over a year ago and had to have surgery on her foot. I guess that's what really started it. Well, to make a very long story short. She ended up being diagnosed with ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. She had been misdiagnosed all year and they finally decided this was what was wrong. This disease is horrible. She was put on hospice early in the month of May and she went down very quickly.. She lost the fight with this terrible disease on May 27th. All I can say is that she is not suffering anymore and will be sorely missed by her family, friends and anyone that had the privilege to know her.
While she was still able to talk, she told her husband and her kids, that she wanted me to have all of her sewing stuff. .She and I always sewed together, quilted together and did all kinds of crafts too. She was like me, she liked quilting the most. She has 3 girls and none of them sew so she had always told me she wanted me to have her sewing stuff. I got all of her sewing room, machines and all. I told the family I would be making quilts for them out of her fabric. I'm going to be really busy for the next couple of months/years making these but I know I will be thinking of her the whole time. She had 4 children, 11 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. I plan on making quilts for the children and grandchildren but not sure about the great grandchildren....
It was a sad month but on the last weekend it ended up on a brighter note. It was so hard to go ahead with this but we all knew she would have wanted it to go forward. One of her granddaughters got married and it was a beautiful wedding. She wore a blue sapphire necklace that belonged to my sister in her honor. Judy would have loved this wedding. She wanted to be up and walking for this but it just wasn't meant to be.
RIP, my sweet sister. I miss you and love you.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt