I haven't been doing alot of sewing or crafting this month. Grandbabies and family have taken priority this month. My life is slowly getting back to normal or whatever that is....
I have done a little bit of tatting and I have also sewed one little top and finished binding on another quilt so I have gotten a few things done along the way.
Here's the tatting I've done this month:
This cherry pattern came from Nancy Tracy over at Be-stitched. Here's a link to her free pattern. If you sign up for her newsletter, you get a free pattern and a new easy recipe every month. Plus you get to hear about all of the stuff she has in the shop... I love getting her newsletters and seeing her new patterns....Go check her out when you have time.
I made a mistake on this pattern and didn't want to untat it. I just decided to leave it in because you know as well as I do that all cherries aren't always round, right???? Anyway, I decided I could live with it as is... I used Lizbeth size 20 for this. Nancy's pattern was all one color but I like colors....
A friend of mine gave me this bookmark pattern and if I can find a link, I will share it....
This was in the Handy Hands newsletter from December 2010. It's actually about 6 inches across. I saw this on Lace Loving Librarian's (Diane) site first and just had to get the thread and make one for myself...See Diane, I do get a little bit of tatting done. Better late than never, right?
Here's my scrappy doily. I've been working on this off and on for awhile now. I'm still not through with this one either but it's getting there. This one is about 8 inches wide. I found this on the web too. This one has a couple of links to it...I saw it on Martha Ess's website first and she referred to the site she got it from...
Here's the quilt top I made. I've had this fabric in my stash for awhile and saw it again in an old magazine I was looking through, May/June 2008 Fons and Porter-Love of Quilting and I decided to pull the fabric out and put this together. This was a real quick top to put together since the middle part is a panel. This one's called the Very Hungry Caterpillar and the fabric is still available online. I'll be quilting this one soon. I want to see it finished quickly. I have the book to go with it too.
Here's my finished wallhanging. It turned out beautiful. A friend of mine quilted it for me and I just finished binding it. I wish you could see how beautiful the quilting is on this one. Carolyn did a wonderful job and I love this one. The pattern was in Quilt Sampler magazine last year. This will be going on my wall after I show it this Thursday at my small quilt group.... I'm calling this the Schoolhouse Quilt. I know it's not a very original name but that's what I called it the whole time I was working on it and it stuck....I joined 4 of my friends and we swapped some blocks on this one. You saw it a long time ago but it wasn't quilted. We swapped the small houses, the schoolhouses, the baskets and the pinwheels. The middle part was all done by me. It's funny that even though we made blocks alike, all of our quilts look really different.
I have some items I need to work on but don't want to. I've decided since this is July and more than halfway over, I'll be doing only things I want to work on.
til next time....happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt