I wanted to show you some things that helped me with my Pineapple Quilt. I have had these rulers for awhile now and used them in other quilts but never together. I'm trying to figure out quicker and easier ways to help me with my piecing. These helped me alot...
I made the Pineapple quilt a little easier for myself by using two great rulers. I used Jodie Barrows Square in a Square Ruler and the EZ Angler rulers. I love both of these rulers and use them alot now. I hate drawing lines on my squares as I think this takes up way too much time. I used the Square in a Square ruler to trim my corners then used the EZ angle ruler to cut my smaller squares to fit on the corners. I could have used this ruler to cut my strips then cut them into triangles along the strips. By cutting the squares, I now have left over little corner pieces from both the big square and the small corner squares. I have saved these and will sew these together to make a mini quilt later...I had already cut the squares before I started using the EZ angle ruler...Now that I have this little ruler, I plan on using it for alot more of my scrap quilts. Here's some pics to show you what I did...
Here's the block: I just have to add the last four corner pieces to finish this up.
I'm lining up the square in a square ruler...see the 90 degree mark?
Line those markings up inside your block and use the other line for your 1/4" seamline.
All four corners are trimmed and ready for the small triangles to be added to the corners.
Here's the small square for the corner pieces. If you don't like marking the square corner to corner to sew on...eliminate this by using the ruler.
Use the EZ angle ruler and trim up the small squares.
See how well the triangle now fits the trimmed block. Sew and press...
The finished block:
When I first started making these blocks I was marking the squares and sewing on the lines, then trimming. I hated doing this cuz it took so much time. I pulled these rulers out and this saved me alot of time on this quilt. Trimming up the corners with the square in a square ruler helped me keep the block more accurate. Give these a try, you might like them.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt