I went to a retreat this weekend with several friends and I was able to finally finish this quilt top. This was a mystery quilt from years ago. It has been in my closet forever and I finally finished the last three blocks and put the top together. I decided it needed a solid color border and a piano key border for the outside. It takes a lot of time to do the piano key border but it was well worth the effort. Now to quilt it.
Monday, October 17, 2016
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Hello, I'm back. I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted on my blog. I post every month on the other blog I do for my quilt group (Sew What's)....This has been a hard year for me. I've just done what I needed to do. I have been feeling bad all year so I've only done what I was required to do....My computer has been giving me trouble too and I've been fighting with it alot too. I almost decided to quit blogging but I went back and looked at what I have done over the years and it helped me to remember things...so, I decided it was important that I continue to blog. I have been working on alot of things but I haven't finished alot of things yet. I am in several swaps and they are going on all year..I am working on alot of scrappy quilts just so I can not waste any of my scraps. I've felt overwhelmed but I'm getting over that and just trying to enjoy my sewing and quilting again.
Here are two quilts I have finished this year. I finished this one a few weeks ago and gave it to my niece. Her favorite colors are turquoise and brown so that's why I made her this one. This pattern is by Debbie Maddy of Calico Carriage. I took a workshop earlier in the year and made me a quilt top out of this pattern and I'll be quilting it soon. I looked and looked through my patterns and books until I remembered I had this pattern and thought it would do good for the fabrics I bought for her. Anyway, I did this one and Jeni loves it. I think it turned out pretty good. I'm going to probably make another one too for my sister (her Mom). I like this pattern because you can use fat quarters for it. I bought yardage and I have enough to probably make two quilts. so I might make me one too..We'll see...
This is the Carpenter Star pattern.
This is just a little scrap quilt I finished. I'm going to keep it for my new grandbaby coming in December.
That's it for now, more to come later.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt