I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Our Christmas was great. My kids and grandkids all came over and everyone was well and healthy. We had a good lunch and then the craziness of opening gifts started happening. The grandkids liked all of their gifts except for my youngest granddaughter Carmen. I gave her the Minnie Mouse quilt and she liked that but I also gave her a Cabbage Patch doll and she wouldn't open it because it scared her...She took off the wrapping and screamed...Her Mom said her other toy that she was playing with earlier did the same thing to her for awhile so I'm sure she'll eventually like the doll I got her. She's 3 and things scare her easily right now but everything else went over really good. I gave her Mom the Marilyn Monroe wall-hanging and she loved it. I gave my youngest grandson a quilt for his bed and he liked that too. I already showed all of these quilts in the past so I won't bore you with pics of them now. I've got to get off now and cut up some fabric for a class I'll be taking in January with Bonnie Hunter...I'm going to be doing Orca Bay with her. I bought the book awhile back but I just printed off the supply list so now I can start preparations. I'm also doing her mystery but I'm behind on it with all the Christmas stuff I had to finish. So, for now, take care and happy stitching.
Monday, December 22, 2014
I've been trying to finish some Christmas gifts and haven't had time to post anything. Here are two little quilts I've done for family members. The first one is just a panel of Minnie Mouse. I didn't add to it or anything. I just quilted it like it was. Very simple and easy for my youngest granddaughter. She loves Minnie Mouse and this will just be a little snuggle quilt for her.
This next one is for her sweet mother. She is a Marilyn Monroe big time fan. I found a panel earlier in September when I went on the Quilt Across Texas shop hop. The panel was horizontal and I wanted it to hang vertical. So, I cut the panel apart and used some black and white fabric to sash it with and I am very pleased with the results. I hope she likes it and if she doesn't my husband said we can keep it because he loves it just like it is....
Well, that's it for now. Gotta get off and bind another quilt. Christmas is almost here and I'm still a long way from finishing some projects. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and I'll try to post again soon. Merry Christmas to all and happy stitching.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt