I have been sewing but haven't had any finishes to post or brag about. I went over to a friend's house Friday night and we sewed on her quilt. She is making a quilt for her family reunion. She was thinking she couldn't finish it in time to get it quilted so another friend and I chipped in on the sewing to help her finish. Judy had quilted a quilt for me on a rush basis, so that was the least I could do. I love to sew with friends anyway so this just gives me an excuse to get together with my friends. We had a good time Friday night. My other friend, also named Judy, went over again on Saturday and they got to keep up the sewing marathon. I had to work and could not participate in the fun. They finished the quilt top Saturday, or should I say early Sunday morning. I'll take pictures when I go over there Tuesday night and post so you can see. It is a red, white and blue patriotic applique and pieced quilt and is very cute. Judy is a Longarm quilter and will quilt it herself...We will be binding it Tuesday, I hope. Whatever, it was fun to do this and I look forward to sewing on something Tuesday night.
I worked on some hand piecing yesterday for a class I am taking. It is so nice just to sit and relax and do handwork.
I am going to take an embroidery class in August and I am looking forward to that too. I have done redwork and embroidery but I learned it on my own. This will be the first class for me on this. It's a beginner embroidery class and covers 16 different stitches. It looks like fun and alot of my friends are taking the class with me. Oh boy, I can't wait.
No new pictures to post so I will quit rambling for now, til next time...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt