I know it's been awhile since I've blogged but I've been busy. I have been sewing,d hand quilting, tatting, knitting, watching grandbabies and I have even been taking drawing lessons. I haven't finished anything yet. I'm close. I have four bindings to put on quilts. I have a sweater almost finished. I'm working on the yoke....I'm almost finished with my friends hand quilted quilt. Just not enough free time to do it all. As soon as I'm through with something, you'll see pictures. I'm really anxious to start my new BOM's but I'm staying strong and not starting anything. I've been a really good girl. I'm trying really hard to stay on task.
I am taking a drawing class. I have had two classes (there are 4 in all.) The class is based on a book called Drawing from the right side of the brain. Well, I must not have any brain on the right side, cause I cannot draw! The teacher said she can teach anyone to draw. Yeah right, I think I'm going to be the one to prove her wrong. I don't even want to go to the third class....I've been talking to myself all week about it. I was so frustrated when I left the last class, I wanted to scream. Art is supposed to be about relaxation and stress reduction....at least, that's what this teacher says. Hmm, maybe I should medicate myself before or if I go. That might be the only way I'm not stressed out about this class. I have always wanted to draw but this just proves to me (again) that I was not wrong when I gave up art in the 7th grade...I'll decide Sunday morning if I go that afternoon for class. I'm usually not a quitter but I don't know if I can handle being so frustrated.....We'll see.
I went to tatting class last night and we worked on Valentine cards. Everyone in the tatting class is so talented. These ladies are so good with all crafts. They tat, knit, crochet, scrapbook, sew, you name it and they can do it. We all brought our Sizzix machines, card stock, glue, tape, etc and made Valentine cards for our grandchildren, husbands, friends, etc. It was so much fun. I learned how to do embossing. I had never done that before and it was alot of fun. I know I'm going to have to have some 40% off coupons for Michael's or Hobby Lobby as I'm going to have to go get me some more craft stuff. I'll be stimulating the economy a little bit!
We even tatted some last night. We all had a great time. We will be knitting a little next week. One of our teachers is a knitting teacher too and she is teaching us the Moebius scarf. I have always wanted to make that so I'm looking forward to that. Til next time....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt