Ok, it's Wednesday and I still haven't written anything down....oh my! I went to retreat last Thursday and just sewed and sewed or should I say, ate and sewed and ate some more and just had the best time! I got so much done and had a great time doing it too. I went to the usual place that I love called Greenbriar Retreat in Eustace, Tx and it is just wonderful to go there. Words just can't describe what a wonderful place this is to go to. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is divine. I think I gained ten pounds just for the few days I was there. Oh, I was wishing I could stay longer when it was time to go too but I had to face reality and come back home.... I got home and they were asking me to cook. Wow, I got spoiled really quickly! Anyway, I did get lots done and I'll show you my pics tonight when I load them on my computer at home. I used to blog more because I could do it at lunch and post pictures but the work computer no longer likes blogger and it rejects anything I try to post....I'm also having trouble commenting on some blogs but that's another story.
I finished these tops at retreat...
My One Block Wonder is all together and ready to be quilted.
I put together another small scrappy purple quilt.
I put the third top together for Brown Bear. This was the last panel I had and I just put borders around it.
I made backs for all of the quilts above.
I made a quilters pillow. I'm not sure what to call it. It's a big pillow (looks like a big pincushion) and you put it in your lap to work on applique or tatting or hand-work. I love it....
I made another Sock Monkey.
I made several blocks for various projects in progress too. I didn't finish all the blocks but got further along on the projects...
I learned a new, fun block and I'll share that with you later too. Hmm, I don't know if I'm leaving anything out or not but when I post the pictures later, I'll try to remember. Anyway, if you've never been on a retreat, you really need to try to go. It's a lot of fun, fellowship and food. You get to visit with your friends longer and get to know others that you didn't know before. It's like a slumber party for adults and I love to go to these. My mind and my spirit gets refreshed too. I recommend them highly...Well, I will continue this later and show you my projects...til next time, go sew!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt