Friday night, our doctors took us out to celebrate. We were celebrating the office manager's 20th anniversary. We had a wonderful dinner at Ocean Prime. A wonderful seafood restaurant in downtown Dallas. I had planned on coming home afterwards and getting ready for Saturday.. I had a Christmas party to go to early (around 10:00) and I needed to fix my dish to take. Well, that didn't happen! I came home and crashed. I set the alarm and got up early and cooked my food to take with me.
I went to my sewing guild Christmas party. There were fourteen of us that came and we had a great time. Good food and good friends getting together and chatting and celebrating. We played the Mr and Mrs Right game. We brought tea towels to exchange. Well, some of us brought tea towels and some brought white elephant gifts, I brought the knitted dish cloths. Anyway, it was fun to see who knows their right hand from their left. We had to stop a few times to let some catch up!!!
We ate lunch and then we exchanged gifts. We played the Chinese game. One person opens the gift and the next person can take it away or choose another unopened gift. I've been in the group for 4 years and I have tried to win a gift from my friend Cathey. She has been making the same thing for 9 or 10 years because everyone wants it...She makes a stuffed bunny sewing machine cover. Until we all have one, she will keep making them, or at least that's what she says! Anyway, I finally won her gift. I got it and held my breath the whole time during the gift exchange and the bunny came home with me! I was so excited. She is so cute and I'm so pleased she came to live with me and greet me every time I go to my sewing room. I did not take pictures but I will and show you later tonight....
Sunday afternoon, I decorated the house with all my Christmas quilts and we put up the tree. My grandkids are coming over tonight to eat supper with us and decorate the tree. This will be alot of fun tonight and I'll take pictures of my grandbabies and show you how big they now...
I didn't get any sewing done over the weekend but will be able to sew a little this week. I have a Christmas tablerunner to finish so I can put it out this week. I hope I get it done. The tablerunner is done except for putting the leaves all over it....I'll show you that later too. Until next time, happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt