Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Happy Valentine's Day and the Show Some Love Blog Hop
Today is my day of the Show Some Love Blog Hop. I have been working on several things and have been enjoying myself alot with the red and white. I haven't made a tutorial for you as these are not my ideas. These are all things I've run across over the internet the last few months that I like and wanted to share.
I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to do hearts for Valentine's Day. This first thing I'm going to show you can be customized for any season or holiday. If you have a special fabric you don't want to cut into or you need a quick and easy gift, this is perfect for it. I saw this pattern first on Youtube. It was before Christmas, but I had so many other things going at the time that I didn't do anything with it. Like all of you, I browse blogs, Youtube, websites, Pinterest and Facebook for all things quilting. I saw this one again on a blog I follow and decided it was perfect for my Valentine project. Like I said, it can be used for any holiday and any fabric. I found some cute Valentine fabric and my Go Heart Die and made this cute tablerunner.
Here's two links that show a tutorial for the little table runner. Both are easy to follow, one might be better for you than the other but they are both good. Sew We Quilt website has a step by step tutorial that was really good but Utah State has this one and it is good too. Youtube also has some tutorials on it but I can't find the link right now. I made the tabletunner using the basic directions but I added the Die cut Hearts to it and sewed around them using various stitches on my machine. Just add some flowers and candy and your table will be ready for your sweethearts to admire! If you leave me a comment below, you will be entered into a drawing for a kit to make one like this. Just sew up, iron on the hearts, stitch around them and add the buttons. Next year, you will be ready for Valentine's Day too. The drawing will close on Friday, Feb 17th and I will let you know the winner on Saturday morning.
I made two other things for Valentine's Day too. I love Valentine's Day because I like hearts, red fabric, chocolate and I especially like those little heart candies with sayings on them....Be Mine, I Love You, Sunshine, True Love, Let's Kiss, etc....you remember those, right? Valentine's Day is a special loving day and I always look forward to it. Now I have some wallhangings to put up and decorate my house with for this special day.
I went on the Accuquilt website and downloaded this free pattern and made this sweet wallhanging. You don't have to have an Accuquilt Go Cutter to get their patterns. You just have to join the website, but that's free too. They have so many cute patterns and such great ideas. Click here and it will take you to the Accuquilt website where you can get the pattern below...This pattern is called Heart of my Heart and I think it is so cute.
This last little wallhanging was inspired from another blog that I follow, A Sentimental Quilter. I like Civil War fabric and history and I was reading her blog and thinking when can I get to this little quilt? She has a monthly small quilt challenge and this month was a broken dishes quilt. I wanted to make it but I was so involved with the red and white, I just didn't see how I could work it in. Then, she showed it in red and white!!!Woo hoo, that was all I needed. I'll make this one again in Civil War fabric but for now, here's my red and white Valentine quilt.
I used some of my left over red and white fabrics and one of my left over heart cut-outs to make this little jewel. Here's a link to Kathleen Tracy's blog. She is an author,quilt pattern designer and blogger and she has a Yahoo group that follows her too. I love it when a plan comes together. I still have some red and white fabric and I still want to make some more little projects and a red and white bag or two but this is all I could manage by my February 14th deadline. I hope you have gotten a few ideas or at least enjoyed seeing what I have done for this special day. Please remember to comment so you will be entered for the tablerunner and go over and see what Connie is doing today too. She was the other person on the blog hop for today. Here's a link to her blog so you can hop over there easier...have fun and happy hopping and I hope you have a special Valentine's Day with your sweethearts. til next time....Linda
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt