I haven't posted this week as I've been too busy with everything but sewing. My life has changed again this week. My son and his little family moved out. They found a place of their own. They are not too far from me so it won't be too bad. I'll still get to see the baby and keep her on Saturdays, but wow, what a change. Last night was the first night we've been home early and there was no noise...The house will feel empty for awhile. I am excited for them to be starting out in life on their own but I sure will miss them....Life is full of changes and I know this will be good for them and also good for me and my husband. This will be the first time in over 29 years that we'll have the house back to ourselves! I'll be what everyone calls an "empty-nester".
I have gotten all my dies in that I ordered and have been looking and dreaming about them. I want to start projects with those soon but not this week.
I already have plans to move some of my sewing stuff into their empty room and I'll finally be able to have a design wall! I'm going to keep most of my stuff upstairs and just have my current project of projects I'm working on and sewing machine in the room. I don't plan on taking up two rooms of my house for sewing (LOL) but I very easily could! I'm thinking about painting the room first but I don't know yet. I'll clean it up real good first and then decide...
I was going to the Dallas Quilt show today but I took off half a day yesterday and went instead. I met some of my buddies and walked around with them and oohed and ahhed at all the beautiful quilts. It's a great show and lots of ideas. My buddies and I decided to have an exchange from looking at one of the quilts! I took lots of pictures and I'll post some of those later this weekend. For now, I have to get off of this thing and get busy. I'm all by myself today and want to get some things done. Til next time, happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt