Woo! What a week! It has been busy. Why is it that time flies whether you are having fun or not???? Oh, well, June is over and so is half the year! Do you believe that? Bring on July and celebrations!
When I think of July, I think of July 4th first...We always went down to see my Grandmother and cousins on this holiday. It was always hot in south Texas (she lived in Bryan, Tx, you know, where Texas A & M is) and my Grandmother did not have air conditioning. I don't know how she did that but I guess it's what you get used to, right? She always had her windows and doors open and she had lots of trees so the house stayed fairly cool. As kids, I thought it was hot but we dealt with it. I don't think I would deal with it too good now! We, my brother and I always had to sleep on the floor and we always listened to the crickets or cicada's churp at night and talked and giggled until my parents or someone hollered at us to go to sleep. Great memories! Fireworks, food, family and fun times!
Ok, I got off track but I just had to share. I worked on a few things this week. I did two more tatted crosses. I worked on one at tatting and finished it the next day, then started another and worked on it while I watched TV this week. Had to watch Dallas! I'm loving this show, all the sneaking around. JR is back! Anyway, I finished the two crosses and then I finished binding a charity quilt. I quilted this earlier in the week and put the binding on but finally finished the binding Thursday night while watching the movie Joyful Noise with Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah. I loved this show too. If you haven't seen it, it is a good show to watch. I liked this show as the two stars didn't hog the whole show. There were two younger singers in the show too that were wonderful. I didn't recognize the two younger singers at first but found out later who they were.
Here's the tatted crosses...
Back to quilting, right? I bound the quilt. It is a Project Linus quilt and it turned out really cute. I used off white quilting thread on the front and blue on the back. The blue kept coming through to the front in places but all in all, it is ok. I'm going to have to practice more and not use different colors for the quilting too.
Here's the Project Linus quilt...
I also finished quilting my July 4th round tablerunner. I cut the binding and I'll be putting that on when I finish this post. I'm also going to pull out my purple fabric and see if I can make some blsince this is the last day of June. So for now, I gotta go get busy, I'll post more later today, I hope.
The middle stripe is the binding. I'm going to go sew it on now and
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt