Nervous? Yep. Excited? You betcha! This feeling that I'm having reminds me of when I was a kid waiting for Santa Claus. I love it...It's brought back some great memories. Tomorrow is the day. You say, the day for what? I'll tell you what... A Christmas Blog Hop. Yes, that's right, Christmas. You see, it's time for the Think Christmas blog hop and my day is tomorrow!!! Oh my! The first day! I've been sewing like crazy trying to get ready for it. My block is ready and waiting for you to see and I'll show you how I did it my way. I've even finished a UFO in honor of Think Christmas. I didn't plan on it when I started . I just thought I'd do a block and show you how I did the block but as I was working on the block, I thought about this little quilt needing to be finished and I pulled it out and started quilting on it and I'll be finishing it just in the "nick" of time. (Ho, ho, ho!) I have several other Christmas UFO's that need to be finished but I can't have them finished in time for Think Christmas, but I'll be working on those soon. I have some other things after this with deadlines. Deadlines, you know how they are. I like them but I don't. I like them because it motivates me to get things done but I don't like them because I can't do all that I wanted in the time allowed. Oh well, we suffer for our craft, huh? I love Christmas and like working on it all year through. I like Red, White, Green and like Red, White and Blue too. I'm so glad the quilt stores accomodate us quilters by keeping Christmas fabric (and patriotic fabric) on hand all year long. Anyway, please come back tomorrow and you'll see what I've been working on for "Think Christmas". Until then, enjoy your day and go sew!
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt