Yes, I'm still here. I just haven't had time to post anything. I'm feeling alot better now and I'm so glad! However, now my husband is sick and believe me, he's a far worst patient than I was....He's kept me hopping too. I did not have a restful holiday and it's not any better yet. Hopefully, by this weekend he'll be better and life will get back to normal a little.
I was able to sew a little bit Saturday. I got the first block done of Barbara Brackmen's new Block of the Week. The BOW is published again this year on Saturday's. These are 8 1/2" blocks (8" finished) and you can click on the side of my blog to get there. Look at the big badge called Grandmother's Choice. I think she said there will be 49 blocks. Here's my first block...this one is appropriately named Grandmother's Choice.
I also did 8 blocks for my scrap quilt. I started these disappearing 4 patches with the Rainbow challenge earlier in the year. I've fallen behind on these but I'm playing catch up now. I did some blue blocks, some teal blocks and some plaid blocks. I cut out some orange which is this month's color but didn't get to them yet. I also started working on my monthly 9 patches and just sewed the strips together. I haven't finished them yet.
Sunday and Monday, I did the buttonhole stitch around some butterfly blocks for my MIL. She made 20 blocks. She is reproducing a quilt that she received when she was 16 years old. She is in her mid 80's now and has a new bed and wanted a new quilt for it. So, she decided to make this butterfly quilt. I'll give these blocks back to her and she'll put them together. I don't know what sashing or any other fabric she'll be using. When she gets it together, I'll show you again as I'll be quilting it for her.
My machine is finally all together and ready. I'll be putting the first quilt on it Saturday. I haven't been home long enough this week to play with it yet. Tomorrow night, I'll be going to sew and visit with my friends at the church so Saturday will be the first chance I get to do it. I hope you have a good Friday and a great weekend. Til next time, happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt