This weekend was not a great weekend. I'm glad it wasn't too cold as we had no heat, hot water or stove. We came in Thursday night and noticed a slight gassy smell outside. We went over to our propane tank (we live in the country) and there was a strong odor. Normally, there is no smell unless you get close to the end of your gas in the tank. We felt along the regulator and could feel air coming out of it. Not good...We didn't turn the heat on or turn any fires on Thursday night. First thing Friday morning, my husband called our gas company and they came out to check the leak. Yes, there was a leak at the tank and some place else. They couldn't locate the leak so they capped off the tank and said we had to have a plumber come out before they could turn us back on. We called about ten different plumbers and no one was certified for LP gas. We finally found one but he was out of town until Monday. He could come see us then. Ok, no heat, no stove, no hot water....I'm just glad it was warm here in Texas! We went and took showers at my son's house and my MIL's too over the weekend. The only way I could cook was the microwave and I did a few meals that way but then I had dirty dishes and had to heat water to wash them. Wow, I am so glad I didn't live in pioneer days, those women had it rough! The plumber came out today and there was another leak but it was also on the outside of the house. Our pipes in the house were ok. So glad of that! We were worried it was going to be hard to find the leak...He said we probably had this leak for a long time and just never realized it. It's nice to have hot water again and I can take a bath at my own house! First thing we did was turn the dish washer on and wash some clothes. Now to take a shower in my own house!
I did sew a little this weekend but it was just my nine patches for the month. Forty more nine patches! Only 2 more months to go, whoo hoo!
Sunday was our 34th wedding anniversary and we went out to celebrate, looked at a few Christmas lights and went and showered at my MIL's.
Tonight, we went out to dinner again to celebrate my sweet husband's birthday today....Now, we are watching a football game and relaxing. Life is back to normal.
I'm hoping this is our last thing to go out for awhile. We've had the air conditioning go out, our hot water heater had to be replaced, my internet connection was faulty and now the gas connection...I'm glad these were all fixable and we were able to figure them out but I'm ready for some relaxation time. Ah, the joys of owning your own home! We were planning on putting new floors in the house over the holidays but we've decided to put that on hold. We are just going to relax and enjoy the season. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season and getting to sew or craft too. Til next time, happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt