Saturday, March 24, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Here's a bad picture of the Texas fabrics I put together. My husband took my camera and went to a car show with it so I didn't have it to take pics with. This one is from my phone and isn't a great pic but it will show you the fabrics...
Yesterday, I got a 3 1/2" border put on this. I used spray starch and pressed it really good then started cutting. I cut it all out and put it back together into pinwheels. The top is done and I'll show you a picture tonight. I got my camera back last night and forgot to take a picture. I had 6 blocks leftover and I put those together and used the twister ruler and make pinwheels out of them too. I sewed it back together and this is big enough for a mug rug. I had to use what was left and I'm not really pleased with it because of the color placement. The border is red fabric and I used red on the outside so you can't see one of the pinwheels. I learned alot by doing this project about color placement and hopefully my next one will be better. This was alot of fun to do and I'm going to do a few more of these. I'll show the top to you later tonight so come back and seee me this evening. Now I have to get busy and read some blogs I've missed reading all weekend! Happy sewing...
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
The badge on the right side of my blog that looks like the one above, click on it and it will take you to their site to sign up or you can click on the title to my post and it will take you there too. I'll be sewing with my friends at the church and sewing with my virtual friends too. Won't you join in the fun with us??
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Voting will remain open until March 31st, and then SewCalGal starts tabulating the results . She'll announce the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards winners on April 2, and then on April 3, the prize winners (those who voted and were PR angels) will be announced! What a fun way to celebrate the awards and our virtual community . . . so hop on over and vote.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
I got these 40 nine patches done for one of my exchanges.
Here are the other blocks I had to get done. There were 5 blocks and a few other little bits and pieces to go with them each month. We will be exchanging these every month for the next year. It will be all Civil War fabric and scrappy. We are doing this quilt out of the current (April 2012 issue) American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.
I have gotten all my dies in that I ordered and have been looking and dreaming about them. I want to start projects with those soon but not this week.
I already have plans to move some of my sewing stuff into their empty room and I'll finally be able to have a design wall! I'm going to keep most of my stuff upstairs and just have my current project of projects I'm working on and sewing machine in the room. I don't plan on taking up two rooms of my house for sewing (LOL) but I very easily could! I'm thinking about painting the room first but I don't know yet. I'll clean it up real good first and then decide...
I was going to the Dallas Quilt show today but I took off half a day yesterday and went instead. I met some of my buddies and walked around with them and oohed and ahhed at all the beautiful quilts. It's a great show and lots of ideas. My buddies and I decided to have an exchange from looking at one of the quilts! I took lots of pictures and I'll post some of those later this weekend. For now, I have to get off of this thing and get busy. I'm all by myself today and want to get some things done. Til next time, happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt