Last night, I worked on my disappearing 4 patch quilt. I have all the rows together except for the last one. I sewed them together wrong and figured it out when I went to sew it together. I had to unsew this last row and will resew it together tonight and finish up the quilt top. It went together very well and I am really pleased with it so far. I will put a white on white border around it to frame it then the final border. I haven't bought the final border fabric yet. I know what I want but needed to do some measuring first to figure out how much fabric I needed. I'll probably do that tonight and get the fabric tomorrow if I can find it. I was planning on using stash fabric but this one is for my granddaughter and it needs to be a certain fabric that I don't have...I'll take a pic tonight and show you my progress on it.
I also sewed together all the D9P blocks I had ready and I now have 8 rows of it done. I think it's looking good for a scrap quilt but is turning out darker than I thought it would. I took a picture of it laid out on the floor but can't upload it until tonight. I want to add a few more rows to this one before I call this one finished. I don't plan on this being a big quilt, just lap size. I want to make some of these for the local nursing home. I have enough fabric to make a few so this first one was an experiment to see if I liked the pattern. I had made the D9P before but not this setting. I'm definitely making more of these...they are fun and quick and use up fabric that's been laying around far too long.
I follow Susan at Desert Sky Quilting and she's doing a Get It Done Challenge this year. She lists 4 projects a month to work on. I like that number. I always work better with a challenge too. I have alot of tops that need finishing and alot of projects to work on so I'm going to be doing this challenge this year. I think this challenge actually started over at Judy Laquidara's blog called Patchwork Times and I'll link up with hers too. Now, to decide what 4 things I want to work on for the February challenge...I'll think about that and list those tonight or tomorrow.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt