I bet you think I haven't been busy! Well, you would be wrong!
I was wanting to work on my granddaughters quilt over the weekend to finish it up but couldn't find the fabric I wanted. I went to three different stores and they didn't have what I was hunting for. The third store had some fabric but not enough yardage. Finally, Monday afternoon, the fourth shop had somethink I could live with. It's brighter than I wanted but it will do. I bought enough for both quilts...I put the inside border on the quilt Monday night and went to bed. I finally finished it up last night with the final outside borders. I showed it to my husband and guess what, he likes the quilt! This is the same quilt he said he didn't like but now likes it with the borders on it. I'll show you the quilt top later. I cannot upload pictures on my computer at work, so I'll post those tonight. I wll be putting this quilt on the frame and starting to quilt it. The birthday is this weekend and I am rushing to get er done!!! I plan on making a doll quilt to match and a pillow case. I have to hurry!
Since I didn't have the fabric to work on my granddaughter's quilt over the weekend I worked on other things. I finished up one of my projects on my list. You know, the Get it Done list? Yep, I quilted and bound a tablerunner and it is finished for next year!!! I'll show you that too tonight.
I also made a block for the Guilt meeting. This is a future block. It will be a block of the month later in the year. One more thing out of the way. It wasn't on my list but that's ok.
I went to my Guild meeting Tuesday night and had a great time. I won a wonderful door prize too. It was a ruler I have been wanting and now I can't wait to play with it. I won the big Twister ruler. I already had the little twister but wanted this one too. I have a Layer cake waiting to play with too...Once I get this quilt done, I can play a little. I already have most of the blocks done for the second quilt and I have until April for it to be done so I'm ahead of schedule on it. Ok, gotta get busy and go to work, I'll post more tonight with pics.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt