I went last weekend to a wonderful quilt retreat with my friends. I had a great time and enjoyed every minute of my time with them. I did get 3 quilt tops finished and got a lot of blocks done that needed doing. 10 of the blocks were for a quilt that my friendship group is making. I should say we are making three quilts and not just one. Everybody in the group was asked to make 10 blocks. I made 12 blocks a few weeks ago to turn into my group and I was told I did the blocks wrong. Uh oh, I had to buy more fabric and do more blocks. I misunderstood the directions so now I have 12 blocks to make into a quilt for me or maybe a donation quilt. Anyway, I got the right size blocks done along with the other things I got done. I took pictures but I can't upload them to this computer. I will upload them and show them to you tonight. I love this retreat. The retreat house is right behind the quilt shop that owns it. It is one of the best quilt shops in Texas and the owners are super too. The food was great and the beds too. They even brought in a massage therapist for the ladies that wanted a massage. I was one of them too. The massage therapist was wonderful too. Ah, a very restful and productive weekend. I wish I had gotten more done but I'm glad to have gotten some of my projects as far along as I did. In case you're wondering. I went to a retreat called the Quiltatious Quarters in Celeste, Tx. If you ever get a chance to go, take the chance. It's great. Ok, that's all for now, I'll post pics later. Have a great day and I hope you get some sewing time in too.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt