Well, it's getting late and I'm tired but I wanted to write a little something, something before I head for the bed.
I have finished piecing 20 Log Cabin blocks for my Block of the month. These were the "filler" blocks and were the last of the blocks and now I can start putting it all together. I have enjoyed this BOM but I'm not sure I will do another one. This was my first and my last. I am not one of those people that needs a kit or someone else to pick out fabric for them just to pump out a quilt. I don't want to have one of the same quilts that 5000 other people have. I enjoy doing my own thing. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with kits or Block of the Months. I think they are big time savers for alot of people. All I'm saying is that I want to be the one that makes my own kit or my own BOM or do my own thing. I like being different or singing my own out of key song....Anyway, I didn't mean to get on the bandwagon or anything about that, I just wanted to say I am finished with my blocks and can get to the putting together phase of the project....Woo hoo. I do like to see a finished project.
Someone once told me (and I don't remember who it was), if you figure out what kind of quilter you are, you will feel better....What I mean by this is: are you a product person or a process person?....Do you just have to see a finished product or do you enjoy the process? Most of the time, I am both. I am a very obsessive, compulsive person. I really have to stop myself and take time to ENJOY myself. I love piecing a block and seeing it come together. It's like a puzzle. If you can just fit that piece together with that other one, it will fit just right over in that little corner. ANYWAY, I am going to have a finished quilt shortly and I will put up a picture soon. I have to find my camera first....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt