Ok, I've cut enough 2 1/2" inch strips to make a small size quilt or lap quilt. I'm going to try this out and see if I like it. I'm ready for the big game on Sunday and the sewing....
If I like this and think it's easy enough, I'll show it to my guild and see if they want to do one for our disaster quilt. They wanted something easy and quick for beginner level quilters.
(I still can't believe they call it that! The first time I heard someone say a quilt was a disaster quilt, I looked at the quilt and said, "that quilt isn't all that bad, I don't think it's a disaster at all." Everybody just laughed at me....Boy, was my face red when they told me that this was what they called it because they always had a quilt ready for when disasters strike. )
I'm going to the LQS tomorrow for finishing directions for the BOM. I have my border fabrics and all my blocks are done but I have no directions for putting the quilt together or cutting instructions. I want to get these and see if I want to put the quilt together like the pattern says. I'll go by there first thing in the morning then go to a friends house for a Creative Memories workshop.
I pulled out some of my pictures and I'll see what suggestions Sandy has for these. She's a friend of mine in my sewing group and she's hosting a Creative Memories day at her house. I've never been to one but sounds like it might be fun. I have never been a big picture taker and or scrapbooker but my friends are there and I have some free time. I'm going to go over there and see how I like it. Who knows, maybe I can make some quilting albums or something. We shall see....I did get my camera out and charge up the batteries ready for fun!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt