The show was great. Beautiful quilts, great vendors and good friends, can't beat anything like that! I was going to go to the show with some friends and they all backed out. They went on Saturday and wore themselves out and couldn't go on Sunday. I went and walked around and took my time to admire all the beautiful quilts. There are so many talented people in the quilt world, it is amazing! I was able to pick up the two Civil War books I have been wanting. Our local shops have been sold out of these books so I got them at the show. I picked up Civil War Love Letters and The Amish Circle Quilt Book, both of these written by Rosemary Youngs. I'm still working on my Civil War Diary Quilt blocks but didn't want these books to not be available when I wanted them. Also, this way, I can read the books ahead of time and enjoy the stories. I might even start on these blocks and work them along the way too....too many quilts, not enough time!
Several months ago I joined QNN, Quilter's News Network and I have been watching the videos on this online quilt program. Fons and Porter are high profile on this site and you can watch their videos 24/7. One of the programs was a basketweave quilt and I just loved this little (it was a baby size) quilt. I saw the quilt made up at the show and the shop had kits made up with the old magazine (Jan/Feb 2007 issue) included in the kit. I did not want the fabric and was able to sweet talk the shop owner into selling me the magazine. Nice lady! I think she got tickled at me....I saw the quilt from across the aisle and I practically ran into her booth. I didn't even wait for her to quit talking to other customers , I just blurted out, "Is that the same quilt that was on the Fons and Porter Video?" She laughed and said yes, it was! I was so excited about it that I think it thrilled her too. I ended up with the magazine and there are several other good patterns in it too. I am so pleased and can't wait to give this pattern a try...Isn't it funny how something so minor can make us so happy?
I like QNN but you do have to join that one. Another site that I go to is QuiltersTv and it is free. Try that one out...Both are good. I found one on Saturday, it is Kay Woods TV but I haven't watched it yet so I can't say if it is any good. I'll start watching that one and let everyone know...'til next time, quilty hugs.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt