Hey there. Nothing much has happened this week. I went to my guild meeting Tuesday night in all the rain and only a few people showed up. I started not to go either but I was the person in charge of the program that night. We were sewing a disaster quilt and I had the fabric. I picked out 20 fat quarters from my stash and cut it up for a Turning 20 quilt top. There were only 10 people that came to the meeting, 4 of us sewed, 2 ironed and a couple of others laid out the quilt. We got the top together before we left. I decided the quilt was not big enough so decided to add borders. I didn't have enough fabric so had to buy some. I went to the LQS Wednesday afternoon and bought the border fabric. The borders are on. I went over to one of ladies home's on Friday night. She is in charge of community service projects and she had alot of fabric that had been given to her. I picked out fabric for the backing. I will put it together and take it to the quilter on Monday.
I had to work at the quilt store today. Alot of ladies came in talking about the Dallas quilt show. Everyone had good things to say about the show. They were all saying they wished they had more time to work on their quilts which got me to thinking about my time to sew. That also made me start thinking about Retreat!
Retreat is coming! April 18! Oh boy, I can't wait. By that time, I will have another project to work on cuz Bonnie at Quiltville announced the new mystery quilt. It is called Orange Crush and I will be working on that one too. I am still working on my Carolina Crossroads and hopefully will be through with that one soon...It has been alot of fun but I am looking forward to getting it all together....I will post a picture of that one when I'm further along. I just haven't had any time to work on my stuff lately but will next week after Easter.
Tomorrow is not only Easter but also my sweet DIL's birthday. Happy Birthday, Carrie! She likes to decorate cakes but she never has had lessons so I have paid for classes at Michael's for her birthday. She knows about it already and seems to be excited about it..(I had to tell her cause she's a busy lady and she had to check her schedule and make sure she could go on the days of the classes....) I will be babysitting for her if my son can't keep the kids. Oh boy, Grammy time! I love it....Fun times with my grandbabies.
Gotta go for now, have a blessed Easter.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt