Yeah, I finished step 1 of the Orange Crush....150 four patches.... that wasn't as bad as I thought.
I am glad to have had two weeks to sew these. I want to stay caught up with the group but I have alot of other quilts I'm working on now too.... it's nice to have time to enjoy the journey.When someone tells you that you have to make 150 blocks, your first thought is wow, 150 blocks! That will take forever! It doesn't...this was no thinking sewing...I listened to an audio book and sewed my strips together. No problem...I listened to Sue Grafton's book, S is for Silence. Good mystery, kept me guessing to the very end. She's a good writer. This was just my second audio book to listen to and I love them. I can do two things at the same time. I normally listen to the radio while I'm sewing and thought I would try this. I think I'm hooked on audio books...I cannot watch TV and sew on my machine at the same time as I am an avid TV watcher and do not do well watching TV and sewing. I can knit or crochet or do hand work but don't get enough done when the TV is on. I just don't really like it either. I go to my sewing room to relax and unwind...I don't need another noise in the room....I enjoy the quietness....I do like the books but don't think I'll do that alot either. If I have mindless sewing, I'll save them for that!
I also cut more fabric strips from my stash and added it to my scrap bins. I am steadily trying to dwindle down all my leftovers and get my bins organized. A friend of mine gave me some scraps and I plan on making some crumb quilts shortly. Like I needed her scraps but it helped her out too....Who knows, maybe I'll recycle and give some away too.
I did do some cleaning out about two weeks ago-I gave some books, fabric I no longer loved and two quilt frames (big ones) to a nursing home in Dallas. They were very appreciative and were anxious to get started hand quilting. I do plan to go over and help them but haven't had the time yet. I showed them how to set the frames up but that's all I was able to do at the time. I have some more fabric, yarn, needles and books ready to go to them now. Also, some of the ladies in my friendship group have given me fabric to go to them too. I will have to make a trip soon and will give updates when I go to the home. I can't wait to see what they have done. I gave all of this to the director and she was going to get them started. I told her I had more stuff for her and I would come check on the progress and help her too...til next time....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt