The surprise is blown but I'm glad....I've been working on a graduation gift for Stephanie and it's almost finished. I made alot more blocks than I needed and will be making a small quilt with the blocks I didn't use in her quilt. She saw the blocks tonight and said they were great. She asked me who it was for and I told her no one in particular. She looked at me and knew I wasn't telling her the truth....So.....I let her pick out the blocks she really wanted in the quilt and she laid out the quilt like she wanted. She is now so excited. I was disappointed that she saw them and figured out it was going to be for her but....I'm glad too because she is excited about seeing it go together. She asked me when I had time to make all the blocks and was surprised there were so many cute blocks. I've gotten 6 of the 8 rows put together tonight and have used all the fabric from stash!!! I will have to buy fabric (a hot pink or purple) for the border but that's ok. I used alot of fabric in this and the leftovers I cut up in strips for future scrap quilts. I felt really good about using my fabric. Every block is different and I made 48 blocks for this quilt and I have 23 leftover blocks for another quilt! I got started and couldn't stop!
A friend of mine is a LA quilter and she is waiting for me to bring it to her to quilt it. Hopefully, I can have it together by Friday night. (I have a meeting at the quilt store tomorrow night and won't be able to sew). Shelly, the shop owner wants me to make some more samples for the shop. These are new things she found at Spring market. I have to go check out what she got tomorrow. Oh boy, new toys! Anyway, I'm getting off the subject here, I will take pictures as soon as the top is done and post. Almost there!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt