I am working on step 2 a little bit at a time. I have tried different methods for step 2 but I like the Mary's triangle method the best. I first saw this in Scrapmania by Sally Schneider but also one of the girls on the Quiltville site said she used it and gave us a link to see it done too. I looked at it again and am now doing this method as my blocks look more professional and go quicker when I do this method. I had to cut more strips for this and that's why I decided to work on it a little at a time and go on to step 3. There had been alot of talk on the site about different ways to do step 3 and I was afraid it would take me awhile to do it but I went through them quicker that I expected.
I finished step 3 and it wasn't bad at all... I tried it Bonnie's way, Solvi's way, Marete's way and I used Marti Michell templates too. I liked each method and found them to each have their own good points. I used the templates because I could use up smaller scraps (not just with strips but really smaller scrap pieces like for crumbs). I used MM templates from Set A, #6 for the small triangles and #4 for the larger triangles. These templates worked really well for me. I thought about her templates because I had just gotten through with a BOM of hers. I did her Jamestown quilt and finished it at retreat. I am now working on another Marti Michell pattern in between the Orange Crush mystery and everthing else....I will put some pics up tomorrow of my steps and the Jamestown quilt. Good luck to everyone, I am really enjoying this mystery and I am enjoying the time between the steps. It gives me time to breathe and work on other things if I need to...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt