I didn't get to work on my Orange Crush quilt this weekend but I still sewed. I went over to a friend's house- (her name is Judy) and helped her cut and sew on a quilt she is doing as a giveaway at her family reunion. (She gives a quilt away every year at her family reunion! She puts all the family members names in a hat(the ones that show up that have not won a quilt in the past) and draws a name...Can you imagine! She said her family really look forward to this and she will continue doing this until all of them have a quilt. She is such a good hearted person. Judy is my friend that is a Longarm quilted and she quilted the heart quilt for Steph. We had so much fun together. It's so good to be with friends that share a common interest. We sewed for a while and she decided she needed something from the quilt store. So, I stopped sewing and told her it was a real hardship for me to stop but I would go along to the quilt store with her. We went to the LQS and I found several things I couldn't live without. I didn't get any fabric but I did buy a new gadget called a Halo. It is a circle weighted object. You lay it on your quilt and it aids you in machine quilting. I can't wait to try it. Several of my friends have one and they love them...I'll try it out and let you know. My husband had gone golfing, he called while we were at the quilt store and we met him for lunch. Afterwards, we went back to Judy's and continued working on her quilt. We got about half of the quilt done before I had to leave. It was a fun time and very relaxing too. When we finish the quilt, I'll take a picture and post it...It is part applique and part pieced and it is patriotic.
Sunday, we went over to my oldest son's house and helped him move his fence. He had already dug the holes and put new fence posts in. We just had to take down the existing wooden fence and move it and build new fence too...We worked all day in the good Texas heat and sunshine. It was really hot but we got it done. I put on sunscreen but you sure can't tell it. I look like a lobster today...I'm not sore like I thought I would be but boy, manual labor is really hard! I don't work in the heat and I sure appreciate the people that do!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt