Friday, June 20, 2008
Small Friendship Group Meeting, Another Project and Quilt Show
Last night, I went to my small group meeting. I call it small as it is one of about 14 or 15 friendship groups that are part of the Dallas Quilt Guild. I have been going to this group since 1992 and I have learned so much from these ladies. We have ummmm, about 40 women in our group. The group is made up of absolute beginners to blue ribbon winners. We have a wide range of talent in our group. It is so much fun to be around these ladies. We met at one of the quilt shops in our area last night. We normally meet at a church during the year, but summer months we get to meet at LQS's to shop and get demos from those shops. We have demos or programs every month in our meeting but not shopping. This is a bonus. Last night we swapped floral fabrics. 16 of us swapped fabrics. Each person had to put 4 pieces of different floral fabrics in 16 bags. We then exchanged the bags. We will be making friendships stars and an alternate block that is the single irish chain block. The quilt is very sweet looking and should be pretty quick and easy to do. Another project, but this one should not take too long to do. It has quick sewing shortcuts. I will take pictures and post these when I do them. It won't be this weekend as I already have too many things to do. One of those is going to a quilt show in Mesquite, Tx. Mesquite is a suburb of Dallas and the Mesquite Guild has a show each year. Small guild and small show but some very lovely quilts and some great quilters! The show doesn't have alot of vendors this year because it is the same weekend as Martha Pullen. Believe me, she be pullen the vendors away for that one! I will take some pics and post them of the quilts in the show. Got to go for now, til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt