I took the day off Friday and went to an all day applique class. The class covered the back basting method and needleturn method. This was a good class with alot of fun ladies. Two ladies brought refreshments and we all brought a sack lunch so we didn't have to leave the premises. Lots of fun and I even enjoyed the applique class. I think I'm actually starting to like applique. As soon as I finish the little project, I will put up a picture.
I went home and started working on a Star of Bethlehem block. This is the hardest block I have ever tried to make. I got so frustrated trying to get the diamonds to match. I finally just quit sewing and had to get up and walk away from my machine. Nothing was going right...I turned the TV on and tried to forget about this horrible block. How could this block have such a lovely name, surely it is named wrong! Arrrrggggg!
I went to work at the quilt shop yesterday and took the block with me. I asked everyone that came in if they had ever made this block. No one had. I thought about this block all day. I got up early this morning and went into my sewing room. I looked at the block and thought maybe I could measure it and figure out a way to match those diamonds without sewing and unsewing so much. I finally figured it out. I made the block and didn't let it defeat me. It isn't the best job I have ever done but I learned alot with this block. One of the main things I learned from this block is that I NEVER want to make another one! It's done and that's that....I will post a picture later. I have to make another block right now and then I'll take pictures. Yeah, I did that block and I feel better. Til next time...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt