It's that time of year/season when there's too much to do and not enough time/energy to go around. I have so many things I want to do but can't get to them for having to work on something else that has to be done too. This is when I keep telling myself, breathe, relax, enjoy what you're doing and you can go on to the next project or thing on the list. This is when I wish I could clone myself so my clone can do my responsibilities and chores and I can just play. Now, when the scientist come up with that one, I'll be the first in line....I'm a list person as some of you know. When I get stressed, I tend to make lists more often so I can prioritize what needs to be done. It also helps me de-stress to do this as I usually realize I'm not as behind as my mind makes me think.
Last night, while my Bernina and I were embroidering, I started making my projects list for the end of the year. I had forgotten how much fun it is to embroider and watch the designs come out. I am working on my new Grandbaby's quilt. There are cars, school buses, stop signs, yield signs, etc. My new grandbaby is a boy if you can't guess. He should be here soon. Around the first week of December and I finally decided on a quilt pattern...Talk about procrastination! I work better under pressure, what can I say? Anyway, here I am in my sewing room, watching the machine embroider, loading/reloading thread as necessary, hand quilting on my friend's quilt and making lists as I think of things.... I like to multi task. Here's the pattern I am using for the quilt. It's called Happy wheels and is an AuntyM Design pattern...Lots of fun. I am not doing the pattern exactly like this. I will be changing up some of the blocks. I'm not going to be using the black nine patch blocks or the gray/black for the roads. I will be using some nine patches in blue, yellow and green ...I'll post a picture of mine when I'm done. I'm using her designs for the cars and kinda playing it by ear. this picture is off of her website and below that is a link to her other patterns....she has some really cute things. Check her out. Her designs are really cute.
I have several blocks done and I'm just going to play around with the layout before I reveal. Come back and see what my quilt will look like later...
I also worked on some Christmas embroidery for my ASG Sewing Group. I have to make something with the embroidery designs and of course, I'm thinking of a small quilt to use as decoration. I did all the designs last night and now to decide what to do with them....More to think about. I'm going to take a break tonight and go to Tatting. Until next time.....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt