Wow, last week is gone and I did not get to blog anything. I was on vacation but it really wasn't a fun vacation. Monday and Tuesday was spent clothes shopping, shoe shopping, getting the dog groomed and just general errands. I had a Medical Seminar to go to on Thursday and Friday and I had to get ready for it. We (my husband and I) drove down on Wednesday to Houston for me to go to this seminar. He went with me and he was going to play golf and just hang out while I did the work thing...I am so glad he went with me. OMG, Houston traffic is awful! I thought Dallas was bad but boy, Houstonians drive way faster than Dallasites. I have lived in Texas my whole life and this was my first trip to Houston. I drive Dallas traffic every day and have forever. I worked in downtown Dallas for 20+ years and now work off of Hwy 635 and Central...It takes me about an hour and 15 minutes to get to work on a normal day so I am not new to traffic but....we stayed at a very nice hotel that was on the Hwy 59 close to the hospital where my seminar was. I did not sleep at all while I was there. The traffic noise at nighttime was unbelievable! The traffic never stopped. I was very glad to come back home and get some rest. I think I'll stay away from Houston for a long time. Nice people but too much for me!
I went to a Memorial Service for my friend that passed away last month. Marianne was flown home and buried in Michigan but the family decided to have a Memorial Service for her down here for all the friends...The service was very nice and afterwards, all the family and friends were invited to the quilt shop that she had worked at. The quilt shop shut down for business and served lunch and refreshments to her family and friends and we could just talk and visit. She would have really enjoyed this. This was so nice of Shelly and David to accomodate the family and friends like this. We will all miss Marianne's smile, laughter and great sense of humor. Goodbye, my friend....
Yesterday, I was able to sit down and do a little sewing. I finished, that's right, finished the intermediate quilt. I finished all the quilting on it and put a hanging sleeve on it too. I think it turned out very lovely. I so enjoyed working on this quilt. I also finished the quilting on the beginner quilt and I'll bind that this week too. Oh boy, two finishes in one week. I'm going to hang the intermediate quilt in my living room and admire my work for awhile. My older son told me awhile back that I should not hang quilts on the wall. He didn't like me decorating with them....Oh well, he'll just have to get over it.
Tomorrow I go to my tatting class. Oh boy, can't wait....Tuesday tatting. I'll update again later. Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt