I spent a lazy Sunday working on a little quilt called Mother Goose. It is made up of 4 1/2" star blocks and a Mother Goose panel. I started putting the 4 1/2" star blocks together a few weeks ago and had to order one more piece of fabric to go along with this quilt. I got the fabric and was able to finish the stars and start putting the quilt together. I've worked on it nearly all day but I'm still not finished. It has not been a very user friendly quilt mostly because of the small star blocks and the white on white fabric I chose to use. The fabric I chose doesn't have a good weave to it and I didn't really notice it until I was almost done with the blocks. I chose to keep going since this will be a quilt I keep around my house for the grandkids. If I was going to give this as a gift, I would have to rethink some of this. Anyway, I do like the little Mother Goose fabrics and panel and as soon as I get it put together I'll take a picture and show you....Hopefully, I'll get it done this week. I had to stop and work on two blocks for our group leaders. My small group has two leaders each year. We make blocks as "Thank You" gifts to give to them. This year the blocks could be 12 1/2" inch blocks or 2 blocks at 6 1/2", our choice of block. One of our leaders loves patriotic quilts so I made her a red, white and blue block and the other is into pastels. I used the same block for both but they certainly look so different with the different colors. I used a block from Quilter's Cache called On the Oregon Trail. Go check out Marcia Hohn's site if you haven't been there. She has so many free patterns and I love this site...Great inspiration! Here's a link to it to get there quicker. Quilters Cache
Here's my pictures of the blocks.
I don't know why it looks orange but it's really a lovely shade of rose. It's a beautiful color, I just wish you could tell...
By the way, for all you wonderful Grandparents out there, Happy Grandparents Day!!!
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt