I have been busy this past week and haven't taken the time to blog. I have been working on a quilt for my youngest grandson and I finally got all the pieces finished. It is laid out on my floor in my sewing room ready to be stitched together. I embroidered six blocks (cars) and am just doing a simple layout of 4 patches and flying geese to hi lite the blocks. Nothing fancy....I have been looking for car fabric to use as a border for this quilt but I have given up. I have decided to use a fabric of woven colors that I just had to have. I bought about 10 yards of this fabric at the time and it has been in my stash since last year. I will use up some for the border and I will also do the backing with this. The colors aren't perfect but they are so close....I just wanted something a little more fun but this will do ok....I want Trent to have this quilt now that it's getting cooler weather. I also want him to have it before his 1st birthday...Yes, I am slow. I meant to have this quilt done for his room but oh well, what can I say?
I was going to sew the quilt up yesterday but we decided to go to the fair. I was too tired to sew when we got home so I'll do it this week and take some pictures...
We had a great time at the fair. We saw the new cars...I love the Toyota Prius! I'm going to Houston (the quilt show, of course) in one of these this year...We saw the Killdares play (a Celtic Rock band) we loved them! Good music. They even have a bag pipe player...We saw the pig races. What fun. They had one pig called Forest Run and now you know we had to holler, Run, Forest Run....Then we saw the displays for the quilts, knitting, crocheting, tatting, dolls, etc, etc...You have got to go the fair and see these wonderful crafts! The workers at the fair do such a lovely job of arranging or dressing the window displays. It's a treat just to look at everything.
I would like to see all the crochet together, the tatting together, the knitting together, etc just to be able to see the different winners works but I don't think it would be as nicely displayed as they have it now.
I bought a cook book too! I can't wait to cook some of the great recipes. The cook book is a collection of all the winners from the fair the previous year. Next year, this year's winners will make up the cook book...The cost of the cook book is $25.00 and that includes taxes.
I so enjoyed the Glue a shoe display...Check that out. You can take any shoe and make a work of art out of it. Very interesting and everything was so original. Everyone was so creative in this contest. Every entry was so different! Fun to see. This is displayed at the back of the Creative Arts Building. Go take a look at it. I didn't get to eat everything I wanted to but I kept some tickets and when I go back Friday I'll get my turkey leg! Friday, Oct 2nd, I will be at the fair in the Creative Arts building doing tatting demos. Several of us from the Tuesday Tatting Group are going to be there during the fair. So, please drop by and see us there. I'll tell you more later. Back to work...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt