Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Tatting Tuesday and crafting
Last night was Tatting Tuesday but we didn't do any tatting. Well, maybe I should say most of us didn't do any tatting. We brought our stuff to work on making cards. With all the stuff that was in this room, we could very well have opened up a stamp shop or card shop. All of my friends are crafty and I always thought I had a lot of stuff (almost a hoarder here) but my friends are as bad or worse than I am. I think that's why I like these people so much! I can really relate to them on so many levels...I don't know about you but I have always been a crafter. I watched all the Carol Duvall shows, Jackie Guerra Jewelry Shows, Sandy Gervais card making and scrap booking shows, America Sews, Nancy Zieman, America Sews, Knitty Gritty, DIY shows and anything else I could find that was crafty. I have always wanted to do crafts of all kinds. I started sewing when I was 16 and crocheting when I was 18. I have glued, colored, beaded, embroidered, you name it and I've done it. When I found quilting, that was it...I pretty much stopped doing any other crafts. I've been quilting since 1992 and I just can't get enough of it. These ladies that I tat with are about the same except they feel that way about tatting. However, every now and again, we have to do other crafts. Last night was one of those nights. We decided it was time to make some cards. We made Halloween cards, Thanksgiving cards and Get Well cards. It was alot of fun. The only thing is, we couldn't finish them because none of us brought any glue. We stamped and cut out and colored but could not glue anything together. I'll pull mine out and finish them this weekend and show you what I did. til next time, Happy Fall....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt