Yeah, my TV is working and so is my computer...there were problems in my area and they have it all fixed.
Our TV was going crazy last Wednesday night with digital spotting. I don't know how to describe it but there were little blips here and there on the screen. The TV controller wouldn't work properly either and it was hard to turn the TV off or on or change the channel. The audio portion was all weird too. It was really strange. I called the cable people and they reset the TV and it started working but the computer blitzed out. I got the TV working Thursday before I went on retreat.
The computer was out until today.
The cable guy came out yesterday and worked on it and it worked ok while he was here. When he left, we tried the computer and it didn't work again....Well, it wasn't our computer but the whole area network was out. Our TV went black too and we had no TV either. Talk about a black out...I gave up, took a bath and went to bed.
This morning, we called the cable people again and they said they were working in the area. The TV came on about an hour later and then the computer. We now have TV and computer and feel like we are back in the land of the living...
It's amazing how I felt so out of touch without my computer. I can't imagine life without my cell phone or computer now. I don't know about you but life just isn't the same without those two things. What did we do before these two great communication devices? I don't want to find out ever again!
I went to retreat with some friends last weekend and I had a great time. There was only seven of us and it was great. Everybody else went to the Houston Quilt show, I guess, while we sewed alot. I had a great time with my friends and I got alot done....I didn't sleep too well but it let me sew more. I'm now catching up on my sleep and I'll be back to my normal sewing schedule by tomorrow.
Tonight was tatting Tuesday and I went there and visited with my buddies. I came home and I'm trying to catch up on reading blogs that I've missed . I will post some pics of the retreat and other things I did last week tomorrow.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt