Yesterday, I got all of my blocks made for my Crazy 8 quilt. I laid all the blocks out and decided how they needed to go. I pinned them all together but that was it. I didn't even take a picture. I'll do that later when I have the blocks sewn together. I was tired and decided to take a break from sewing. I came downstairs and turned on the TV. I put in a DVD I picked up last week at the Woolie Ewe. It was a knitting DVD by Lucy Neatby and it was her New Knitter DVD, #16. I picked up my knitting needles and finished knitting a small hat. This will be for Parkland Hospital. (Yes, another community service project. My quilt guild makes hats for Parkland and for soldiers too.) I knitted it flat and now I have to sew it together. This is not my favorite part of knitting but it is small and should go pretty quickly. I would have knitted it in the round but this was the first time I knitted this hat and wanted to make sure the pattern was accurate. It was, so now, I will knit it without the seam next time. I'll show you this once it's all sewn together.
Lucy Neatby's DVD was great. Lots of info on this one and it helped me with the sewing up part to my hat too. I am ready to go back and buy all of her DVD's, now I know what I want for Christmas! I am not new to knitting, but I consider myself a beginner. I have only knitted for about three years. There are so many things I want to knit but I am very slow.
I crocheted another rose for my hat but I didn't like it. I'm going to make another one that's medium sized. I made a big one but I'm not felting this one so it was way too big. I'll get it right soon and show you that finished product too. Ok, gotta go for now, I'll show pics tomorrow, so til next time....happy sewing!
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt