I got up this morning and laid out the blocks on my design wall for that 2008 BOM I told you about in my last post. I love this quilt!!! I had to unsew some things because, guess what??? I didn't read the directions. I just went by the pictures mostly and I should not have done that with this quilt. I had to unsew two blocks as the directions said not to sew them together as they would be used for outside blocks...blah, blah, blah. The picture showed what the block would look like if it was a complete block. Ok, I'll give her that one. Anyway, I wasted a little time by not reading the directions but everything is as it should be now. The quilt is on my design wall and I have been working on putting the rows together today. I have stopped a few times for various reasons. I cleaned house a little and my MIL came over today and we planted two rows of potatoes. I also put a rosemary plant and a miniature rose bush into the ground that my sweet husband gave me for Valentine's Day. I'm not sure the rosemary plant will make it. It was pretty dry. I got it before Christmas and wanted to plant it but then the snow came and I didn't want to plant until warmer weather. Today is a beautiful, sunny day of 72 degrees. You heard me right, 72 degrees! Last week we had to have our coats and scarves, this week is flip flops and shorts. You've heard about the Texas weather, right? It's true....Anyway, my potatoes are in the ground, next comes squash, okra, tomatoes and radishes. I have to check and see when it's ok to plant these first. My soil is ready but I have to wait until it's time. I'll show you my garden when it gets pretty. Ok, everything is up to date now and I can go back to sewing. I already did something Bonnie said not to do. She said don't spend too much time in front of the computer. If you stay too long at the computer, you are not at the sewing machine....she's right but I have to document everything too. I haven't even had time to read blogs this week so please forgive me. I'll play catch up tomorrow and work on my CW too...
BTW, I broke down yesterday and bought me an Accuquilt Go Cutter. I bought the Hexagon templates too. I watched the DVD that comes with it. That was why I didn't go to Sit and Sew last night. I sat down and watched the DVD then I didn't want to get up from my chair. I haven't even played with the Go yet but next week will be better for me. I have no meetings next week except for tatting and Weight Watchers. I'll be sewing every night!!! So, have a great weekend and go sew!
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt