I got up later, fixed breakfast for my crew and pulled out UFO 8. I looked on the paperwork and this was a UFO from 2002! It's been sitting in the box that long. I worked on this in a class I took back then and I worked on it one other time that I remember. I pulled it out this morning, finished the last 3 blocks and started putting it together. I remember this one not fitting together properly and that's what stopped me from finishing this. I decided I was going to finish this one no matter what!
Once, everything was trimmed up, I added small borders....
So, this is February 1st, right? This is UFO 8 and it's finished!!! Well, it's finished for now, until I get around to quilting it! After 9 years of just sitting in a box, I think it turned out pretty well. I'm not crazy about the borders but I don't have enough fabric for anything else...I have fabric for backing it and binding it but no extra. So, this one is staying like this and I'm pleased with it. I have to say, this was the worst or poorest written pattern I have ever worked on and I'm glad it's finished. I love the fabric and that's why I saved this UFO.. The name of the pattern was Hexagon Magic but I'm going to name this one Almost Too Much Trouble.
I hope you are safe and warm and you get to sew or be with your family during this icy weather....Til next time,