I have been so busy and just haven't taken the time to post anything.
Friday night, I had a terrible headache. I went to the church to be with my friends and do some sewing but I didn't get much done. I mostly just stayed and visited. I tried sewing a block up and my thread kept breaking. I finished the block and decided I would just walk around and visit to see what everyone else was working on. My thread kept breaking because I had machine quilting thread on the machine from the last quilt I had quilted. Of course, I had cleaned out my supplies and didn't bring any regular thread with me! I did have a wonderful piece of cake there and got the recipe too. So simple and good and I plan on making it this week. See below for the easy recipe.
The weekend was so pretty I just had to get out in the sunshine and enjoy it for a little while on Saturday. I planted 6 tomato plants, some geraniums, some morning glories and I pulled weeds and pulled my first batch of green onions. ( I took pictures of my garden and I'll share those tonight with you when I upload some photos.) I meant to have the onions for dinner on Saturday night but that didn't work out. I kept the grandkids Saturday night and cooked supper for them and they are not onion lovers yet. I cooked their favorites of Mac and cheese, broccoli, Edemame beans (they call these jumping beans) and Eckrich sausage. I rented them a movie too. We watched the movie and popped popcorn. The popcorn was great but the movie was not a good one for small children. It scared my granddaughter and she went and played in her room while it was still on. My grandson wanted to watch it all the way to the end. It was an owl movie called Legend of the Guardians or something like that...lots of violence in this one and it said it was a kids movie. Wow, I was not happy with this one for sure! Anyway, we had a good time anyway and so did the parents. They went out and had some much needed couple time while I had Grandma duty.
Yesterday, after being outside on Saturday, I paid for it with my allergies flairing up. The wind was howling too and stirring up all the pollen and that didn't help either. I stayed inside yesterday and did get 3 tiny blocks made for one of my UFO's but that's all I got done. I didn't even take pics of those. I put the quilt up on the design wall that these go to and planned on taking pics but didn't. I'll do that tonight and show you what this quilt looks like. It is a 30's reproductions and most of it is Aunt Gracies...This is the only one like this I have ever worked on. I like it alot but it's just not me really. I do like the clean look of the blocks and it does look springy but I don't plan on doing anymore of these. This quilt is one of my 10 UFO's on my sidebar. I have enjoyed making this as these are easy blocks and go together fairly quickly but there are alot of them.
I just didn't have any ummph last week to get anything done. My sewing room is a wreck right now and I've rearranged things and just can't seem to focus on anything. I'm going to have to pull out my list and get back on track. I will be sewing more this week and I plan on having alot more done by the end of this week. I've got to really get busy before the new grandbaby gets here. I still have the bumper pads to make for the baby bed...but everything else has been done. Ok, I know you are probably bored with my rambling by now and I don't have any pics to show so I'll quit for now. I will post pics of my garden and my blocks later tonight, so please come back and visit me again. Until next time, happy sewing.
Delicious and Easy Angel Food Cake (Low cal too!)
Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix
1-20 oz. can crushed pineapple (Do not drain-use all the liquid as this is the only liquid you will have for this cake)
Mix all together and follow package directions to bake your cake.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt