I've waited to show these because I didn't really want to show my goof ups but for all the new tatters out there, I think we should show them; so, here's one of my mistakes.
I tatted Friday night after I got home from sewing. Afterall, it was International Tatting Day, right?! Anyway, it was late and I should have stopped but I wanted to finish this little motif and I ran out of thread. I searched and searched and thought I found it. I should have just stopped and waited until daylight but no....I actually was completely out of thread but used this thinking it was the same until I got it in the daylight. Boy, what a difference! But, it's done and I don't have anymore of the real thread anyway so it's staying just like it is. It was for fun anyway so it really doesn't matter. I made both motifs using two different methods. The one in bright colors was done with regular split rings and two shuttles. The one with the mistake on it was how the pattern actually said to do it. I made it with one shuttle and with the single shuttle split ring method. I learned this last year but didn't do anything with it and you know what they say...If you don't use it, you lose it. Boy, I don't know who this quote was from but they are definitely right. I had to go on Youtube and see if I could relearn the SSSR. I found several versions out on Youtube and watched them until I could do it. I remember now how to do it and I'm going to keep doing other little things with this technique so I don't forget it. I'm also going to find some little motifs with other things I want to remember and practice those too like the self closing mock ring...
The bias was workin’
1 day ago