I've waited to show these because I didn't really want to show my goof ups but for all the new tatters out there, I think we should show them; so, here's one of my mistakes.
I tatted Friday night after I got home from sewing. Afterall, it was International Tatting Day, right?! Anyway, it was late and I should have stopped but I wanted to finish this little motif and I ran out of thread. I searched and searched and thought I found it. I should have just stopped and waited until daylight but no....I actually was completely out of thread but used this thinking it was the same until I got it in the daylight. Boy, what a difference! But, it's done and I don't have anymore of the real thread anyway so it's staying just like it is. It was for fun anyway so it really doesn't matter. I made both motifs using two different methods. The one in bright colors was done with regular split rings and two shuttles. The one with the mistake on it was how the pattern actually said to do it. I made it with one shuttle and with the single shuttle split ring method. I learned this last year but didn't do anything with it and you know what they say...If you don't use it, you lose it. Boy, I don't know who this quote was from but they are definitely right. I had to go on Youtube and see if I could relearn the SSSR. I found several versions out on Youtube and watched them until I could do it. I remember now how to do it and I'm going to keep doing other little things with this technique so I don't forget it. I'm also going to find some little motifs with other things I want to remember and practice those too like the self closing mock ring...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt