I sewed yesterday afternoon and worked on my Row by Row quilt. I had made the rows but had not put them together. I started putting them together and found out I was missing a row. I had not done the May flower row...I also didn't like the January row so I took it off and am re-doing that row. I thought I could live with it and decided I didn't want to live with it....it would bother me too much so I un-sewed it. I'll be re-doing that row and put it back on tonight or this week. I'll show you the finished rows later. I still haven't taken pictures of this but will this week. I didn't get finished with the flower row as I had to stop and go to the grocery store. I wanted to try out a new recipe and do something different for supper.
We like the Chipotle restaurant and I decided to try to do a take-off on their burrito bowl....I made spanish rice, Fajita chicken and red beans. I bought hot sauce from Chili's. I cut up tomotoes, lettuce, onions and bell peppers. My family liked it alot and so did I. My DH loved it and said he liked my version better than Chipotle...Hm, easy to fix and he liked it too. Not bad, I think I'll do this again.
I made a recipe from a blog I read...Becoming Betty. She had a recipe for White Chocolate Popcorn. I popped popcorn and made her recipe. Here's a link. I made this and was letting it "set up". (You know what I mean by that, right? It's like Rice Crispie squares, you have to let them harden... I started reading blogs trying to catch up on the people I follow. I turned around to ask my husband if he wanted some and he was already munching down on it. He said it was his third helping...He loved this stuff. This was also very easy to make...I can't wait to share this with my grandkids....
It was fun to cook tonight. Normally, it's a chore for me but I enjoyed making both of these. Now, I'm doing an easy dinner tonight and sewing some more. Hopefully, you will see pictures. I hope you get to sew today, til next time....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt