Woo, what a weekend! Shopping and more shopping...
Saturday was supposed to be a sew day for me. I planned on sewing in the afternoon and I wanted to get so much done. Well, I never sewed on Saturday. My DH is going on a trip this week and he wanted to go buy some new clothes and shoes to go on his trip. He told me we would only be gone a few hours...That didn't happen. This man is a shopaholic! He's always loved to shop and he does all of our shopping for us. I don't have to shop unless I want to. We were gone all day Saturday until I told him I wouldn't go any further. My feet hurt and I wasn't going to walk around and look or shop for anything else! I was exhausted! We came home and I didn't even look at my sewing machine!
Sunday afternoon, I was able to do a little bit of my sewing. I got all of my OBW blocks done, now to press and they'll be ready for next Saturday. I haven't counted but I know there are more than 100 blocks! Lots of sewing but it will be worth it!
Yesterday, I worked on some snowmen blocks. I had to do 20 blocks, 10 of 2 different snowmen. My small group(there are 10 of us) is having another exchange. (Our last swap was the cupcake swap.)I've had the snowmen put on fabric for awhile but I had to decide how to decorate or dress them. I got my snowmen dressed. I put their hats and scarves on and did a blanket stitch around them. Now, I'm working on the hand stitching part, putting their eyes, smiles and arms on....these are so cute. I'm still working on this part and will be finished by Wednesday or Thursday night. I did 4 of these while watching TV last night. I enjoy the hand stitching part but it does take time. The exchange is taking place Saturday...We will have 20 different snowmen for our quilt when we exchange. I can't wait to see everyone's snowmen. This quilt will be so cute when it's done! I didn't have time to take pics yesterday but I will take some tonight and I'll take alot Saturday when we have our get together....
I hope everyone got to spend some family time this weekend. We did a little with our kids but both my boy's families had kids running fever so we didn't do much. Nothing too serious with either family but enough to keep the kids quiet and indoors and away from everyone else.
My husband is going to his 40th High School reunion this week up in Seattle, Washington. He is really excited and looking forward to seeing old friends. I could not take off work at this time so I'm staying home and you know what I'll be doing every night???
I know I'll miss him but maybe I can get my sewing room straightened up ,do the dolls that I wanted to and maybe I can get some quilting done too. Time will tell...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt