I had a wonderful weekend with grandkids and sewing friends too. My DH has been out of town and I played all weekend! I went on Saturday and hung out with my buddies. We worked on our One Block Wonder quilts. Four of us were doing this quilt and we met at my friend Sharon's house. She had made some design walls for us and we set about putting up our OBW blocks. I got mine all laid out and then we started moving the blocks around. It took at least a good hour to play with the blocks before I was happy with the setting. My friend, Bev, helped me pin the rows together to take home with me to sew together. Thanks, Bev, for all your great help! You were a lifesaver!
I would show you some pics, but my sweet husband took my camera with him. I took some pics with my cell phone but they aren't very good...very blurry, so when my DH returns, I'll post some pics.
I spent the day with my friends doing my OBW, then helping them do theirs. It was alot of fun. We also did our snowman swap. I got back 16 different snowmen. One girl didn't come and we will get her blocks soon. I have to make 5 tree blocks and 20 or 24 alternating blocks to put the quilt together. I'll show you the snowmen when my camera comes back home.
We went to lunch together at Posada's Mexican restaurant, it was great. An older gentleman brought me and Dee an ice cream dessert and sang happy birthday to us. This is our birthday month and we were given fat quarters, cards and I also got a cute little mug rug. Lots of goodies to celebrate.
I got home and had a package from Amazon. I ordered the Farmer's Wife quilt book and it was there along with a collector Barbie doll I bought too. (These were gifts to myself for my upcoming birthday, or at least that's what I told myself.) I started sewing on my OBW and have sewn together 6 of the 22 rows so far. I'll try to sew more this week.
On Sunday, I went to church with my kids and grandkids, then took the grandkids to lunch so my son and DIL could have a luncheon at their church. Me and the grands ate barbeque and came home and watched The Ghost and Mr. Chicken with Don Knotts. Wow, it brought back memories of when I was a kid! It was a full weekend and I had a great day with friends and family. It took my mind off of missing my DH for awhile. He'll be back Tueday night and I'll miss Tatting with the girls to go pick him up from the airport. He's been gone a week and I'm ready for him to be home. I'll post more tomorrow and tell you about my day today. I want to post pics as soon as I can so please come back and see what I did on Monday! til next time.....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt