Ok, I haven't posted in awhile and it's not because I haven't done anything. I have been hard at it...I just haven't done anything pretty...I've been getting quilt backings together and batting gathered up for my projects.
I have finished the last two rows on my Row By Row quilt but I didn't take a picture. I finished those yesterday. I'll take a pic tonight and show you...This has turned out to be really cute and I have enjoyed doing this little quilt. We will get the final border instructions at our quilt meeting this Thursday.
I have put together 10 backings for quilts. The quilt tops, batting and backing are all ready to be quilted. I didn't even have to go shopping for this. I got all of this together out of my stash! I will be starting to quilt these this week. I still have several ready and am still pulling fabric out of my stash for the backs. I will have to buy batting as I don't have that much batting on hand. I hope to show you some finished quilts soon.
In the past two weeks, I have been very fortunate to go to two different quilting sales. One was sponsored by my Quilt guild and the other was with a friend. The one sponsored by the guild was for a man that his wife died earlier this year. He contacted our guild and asked if we could help him with the disposal of her quilting supplies.
I think she won! She had a very extensive stash. She had all different kinds of fabric not just quilting fabric and she was a knitter too. She even had double knit fabric. One of our members took this and will be using this for backings to small quilts for nursing homes. Our guild had a sale and sold most of her stash. It was open to the guild first for two days and then open to the public. All of the proceeds were given to the husband and the leftover fabric was kept by the guild to make community service projects. The husband was very grateful that we could help him out this way.
I got a pretty good amount of fabric. I bought this fabric and intend to do community service quilts with it too. Nice fabric at reasonable prices.
I also went over to my friend's house. Her sister (Louise) was also my friend. Louise died earlier this year. She lived with Sandy and her husband for the last seven years. She had a stroke and was bed-ridden.
She was a prolific sewer. She mostly did community service projects. She was our Community service person for years in our sewing group. We made quilts for kids, hats for premies, all kinds of things for hospitals and shelters. Louise was a knitter, crocheter and crafter. I met her and her sister about 25 years ago in a sewing class...She and I had the same taste. Sandy is a sewer but not a quilter. She had a crafter's garage sale and I bought a car load (my back seat was full and so was my trunk) of books. Quilt, embroidery, sewing, crochet, knitting...all kinds of books. I have been going through and looking and enjoying these books. Now, you know as well as I do, the more you have the more organized you have to be, (that is if you want to be able to find anything), so I have been moving my sewing room around again and making room for all the new to me stuff I bought. I have several friends and a niece that are taking up quilting so I am getting some stuff together to give to them. I'll be donating some stuff to the guild too. It has been alot of trouble but has been alot of fun too. Sandy gave me a few unfinished projects too. More to add to my list of things to do but I'll be thinking of my friend while I'm doing these. I know she would like to know that her work is being finished.. I might have a few giveaways too from some of this too. That brings me to another subject.
A giveaway....I love to have giveaways. I'll be having a very special giveaway soon.
A new book is coming out by one of my favorite authors....Come back and see my post tomorrow....you will get a preview too of the giveaway!!! Until then, stay tuned for the surprise!!!!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt