Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a great one except my DIL and grandson didn't make it over, my oldest grandson woke up sick and the DIL stayed home with him so he wouldn't spread the illness throughout the family....I fixed the traditional turkey with dressing, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, pea salad, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, Cranberry Jello salad, and of course, sweet tea. Yep, very traditional and lots and lots of calories. I did really good though...I don't eat chocolate pie or pumpkin pie, I just fix it for others. I had the real food with very little desserts...Everybody had other family things to go to after they ate and all the kids, grandkids and in-laws were gone by 3:00, so I passed out in the recliner. I didn't even make it to the bed to take a nap. I snored through the Cowboy game while my DH attempted to watch it....All in all, it was a good Thanksgiving with lots of leftovers. I made turkey sandwiches the next day and froze the rest so we wouldn't get tired of it. We went to my sisters on Friday and walked around the square in McKinney for the Dickens Christmas. I took a few pics but not too many. This used to be fun to see people dressed up in clothing from the 1800's but not too much of that now. It's become very commercialized now. I was kind of disappointed. The stores were open and the shopkeepers were dressed up (not all of them) but this was really more like Trades Days instead of a Christmas celebration....I don't plan on going back next year. I had a wonderful visit with my sister and we did make a trip to the quilt shop on Friday but it was a quick one. The guys were outside waiting on us! You know how that is, right? Friday night we were back to the regular Mexican food! No more turkey for us for a while.
I had planned on a Harry Potter marathon and sewing on some bindings. I have two quilts ready for binding but I didn't get the binding ready. Carmen, my sweet granddaughter is now crawling and pulling up. She's going everywhere and I don't have enough hands to watch her and sew or watch TV or do anything else...We are watching Olivia ( girl pig), Ruby and Max ( boy and girl rabbits) and Wonderpets....even my TV watching has changed! I do enjoy these little shows almost as much as Carmen! While Carmen watches these, I have been able to knit some wash cloths and I'm giving those away as gifts. These are 30 minute programs and I get a little bit done while they are on. I've knitted three wash cloths so far. I'm going to a Christmas party this next Saturday and they'll be gone. I want to knit one more. These are quick to knit and the pattern is so simple....it's a favorite of mine. I think the name of it is Grandmother's favorite. I'll give you the pattern this week.
Sunday afternoon, I was able to machine quilt a community service quilt. It's now ready for binding too. so, that's three quilts ready for binding. I hope to get the binding ready and have those done this week. I'll show you pics of those this week. I also made a medium sized bag. The pattern was from Lazy Girl and it was so easy to make. I'll show you that too. This is also a Christmas gift for the party this coming Saturday. I decided to make this bag and put a gift certificate to Joann's in the bag. We always exchange gifts and I don't have time or energy to hunt around this week for a gift so this will have to do....Lazy Girl patterns are so quick and easy to do. I haven't made anything from her that I haven't liked. I was a lazy girl and didn't want to walk down the stairs for my camera to take a picture but I will post one later today along with the knitted wash cloth pattern and pics. I haven't gotten any more sewing done other than this. It's not for lack of wanting to sew, it's just not enough time. How do you handle having time to sew? I am not a morning person and I cannot get up early to sew. I used to sew in the evenings but my little family has taken up more of my time lately. Hopefully, after the holidays, life will settle down and I'll get on a schedule to sew more. Gotta go for now, I'll post pics tonight, til next time, happy sewing!
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt