I went home last night and sewed two rows of my Civil War swap blocks together and I'm loving this quilt...I have eight rows to sew. It is now up on my design wall and I've been playing with the blocks getting them where I want them. I will take a picture and share tomorrow. I think it's like I want it now. I will go in tonight and look at it again. I sewed the first two rows as I knew they were what I wanted. I sewed them while I was waiting on my iron to heat up. I got a new iron at Christmas and I like it alot but it takes forever to heat up and turns off way too quickly...It does give me time to do other things while I'm waiting for it to warm up....
I also made some binding for another quilt that just got quilted. I'll be having another finish soon and this one is so pretty. I'm so pleased with this one. I made this last year as a leader/ender quilt and finally sewed the blocks together. I'll give you a sneak peak tomorrow. My friend quilted it for me and I'll be binding it tomorrow...it's so pretty...come back and see it..It is totally scrappy and I liked it before it was quilted but the quilting really made the quilt and I love it now...
Yesterday, I posted that I was going to use Bloglovin, I deleted the post. I'm going to take my time and look around a little more. Rumors are that google reader is going away but you know how the rumors are...
I won't get to sew tonight as our office is going out to dinner. We usually do a holiday dinner at Chrismas time but we couldn't this year. We talked the doctors into going out this week. We are going to one of my favorite Chinese places...yummy. Tomorrow, the office is closed for Good Friday and my hubby has to work so I might be able to sleep late and have some sewing time too. I hope you have some time to sew too and until next time, happy stitching!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt