Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you are having a fun day. I'm not wearing green or eating green food or even drinking green beer but I know some of you are!!! I'm not even sewing on anything green but I am finishing up another project and I know some of you will be green with envy over it!
Ha, ha, you have to excuse me as I'm just a wee bit happy to be finishing up this sweet little quilt as I've had a bit of trouble over quilting it...I'm very happy to say I finally got my tension trouble worked out. This has been a true learning experience for me and I hope I've learned enough not to have this much trouble anymore! I was able to finally finish quilting the D4P quilt for the second granddaughter late last night and I sewed the binding on today. Now, I'm enjoying sewing down the binding for the home stretch on this one. I'm so happy to get this one finished way ahead of schedule.
This frees me up completely and I have no other projects with a deadline. I can sew and quilt whatever I want to... Woo hoo, what a relief. I hope I get this one finished today but not sure if that will happen. I have to go watch my other grandkids tonight while my son and DIL go to a play. I'll be taking this with me to work on as the grandkids have school tomorrow and will be going to bed early, so just maybe I can get this one done. It's my goal to have it done this week as I'm teaching my quilt group how to do this block and showing them the quilt too. Ok, here's quilt number two in the binding phase. What are you working on today? I'm going to link up with Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitch Sunday. If you get a chance, come on over and see what all the others are working on.
BTW, yesterday was national quilting day and if you didn't hear about this, it's not too late to go over there now and visit. Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims have a contest going and you can watch quilting videos this weekend too. Today is the last day, so hurry on over there, here's a link. The Quilt
Show. You will find all kinds of
fun projects and tons of videos by Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt