Ok, here it is...The borders are finished but I have not finished quilting it as much as I want. That's why the pins are still in it. I did want to get a picture posted though so you could see that I was able to sew Friday night like I wanted. I got my hair cut then came home and started sewing. I sewed the binding on the machine, watched some TV and started the hand work of sewing the binding down. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this binding. It went together so easily and I definitely recommend the Easy Scallop Border tool by Darlene Zimmerman. It really is one of the easiest things to use and made the scallops perfectly. (I hate to use that word cause nothing is perfect but this was great!) You have got to try it for a scalloped border. I am no longer hesitant about doing scalloped borders. As soon as I finish quilting this quilt, I plan on working on the Red and White Quilt top I did some time ago. It also has a scalloped border. I want to finish this one so I can reinforce what I learned...
Yesterday, I went with some of my friends to our annual ASG (American Sewing Guild) luncheon... I had a great time visiting with all my sewing friends. We got there and had two sewing projects to do. One was to make fabric flowers and the other was to make a fabric rose to wear. Here's the pictures of those. Fun projects. No thinking, just doing. These were easy make it and take it projects. I finished mine at home as we didn't have enough time to finish at the luncheon. On the way home - I hate not having anything to do with my hands. Kathy had a Linus blanket in the console she was finishing up by putting crochet around the outside. I crocheted while she drove and finished up her blanket....She said that was great as now she can move onto something else. It was a fun time with good friends, food and sewing. What more could you ask for? (Except maybe some money thrown in!)
Here's the fabric Flower
Here's the Fabric Rose Pin
Last night, hubby and I went to another quilt friend's annual Halloween party. Another fun time. Good food and fun with friends. Thanks, Ann and Glen for the party. I had a great time....looking forward to next year.
I forgot to show you last week what a friend of mine made for me. Shirley knows I love pincushions and that I had been looking for the directions to this pincushion...she made me one some time ago too but she made these three sewing items for me and gave them to me for my birthday...The top one is the pincushion, the other item is a pin and needle caddy with Wool in the middle for your pins. Most people make it with felt but Shirley said I was special, so I got wool....
and the other sewing caddy is just a bigger version with some machine embroidery stitches and other fabric besides cotton. Also wool in the middle for the needles. She said I could put one in my sewing and one in my embroidery box...Isn't Shirley sweet for thinking of me. I have some of the nicest friends and I've met most of them through quilting. Thanks Shirley, love ya girl.
Today, I get to vege out and watch the Cowboys, hopefully they'll win today. We'll see. Til next time....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt