I worked on several quilt blocks this past Saturday. I'll post a picture of those later. I'm trying to get caught up on all my BOM's and get back on track. I am still trying to finish things up. I am working on a BOM from 2007. I have all the big blocks done, now I just have to do all the completer blocks or small blocks that go with it. This is the first 30's quilt I have done. I was enjoying myself but started getting hungry. I came downstairs to eat lunch and made the mistake of turning on the TV while I ate lunch. I got interested in a program on TV and didn't go back up to my sewing room at all that afternoon. I had such plans, but since I don't have to get up and go to work on Saturday mornings anymore, I feel so lazy! It is really nice just to relax and enjoy sewing or relaxing with a nice cup of coffee and not having to rush around. I should have done this years ago.....Well, I can't just watch TV and not do something with my hands so I started tatting some little motifs. I'll do some more sewing this next week and post those pics this week.
I am so proud of myself, I just had to tell you.... I tried doing this little pattern a few weeks ago and I just couldn't do it. I tried it several times and just kept messing it up every time. I had a blockage where this pattern was concerned. I know this is not a hard pattern, I was just misreading the directions everytime I tried it... Anyway, I finally did it and it wasn't hard at all. I've seen this on several people's blogs and I just had to try it one more time. It went together so easy this time...This was from an old Workbasket magazine. It was really fun to do this time. Go figure...I don't know what was wrong with me but I really felt like I had done something when I finished this one!
Here's one I did last week and forgot to post. This is another Heart's Desire, pattern is by Susan Fuller. It is my favorite heart pattern. This is in the same thread as the butterfly above. This is Lisbeth thread...Marble. I love the thread. It is one of my favorite colors...I saw this tatted in this thread on Intatter's - Fox Tats and I loved it. I just had to have one of my own. Thanks Fox. By the way, she's got a new blog called Tat-ology.com, isn't that cute....Check out her blog, it's great.
I also saw another motif Fox had tatted called Mardi Gras, the pattern is by Patty D and I just had to tat that one too. I had fun doing this one too....This was challenging with the SSSR (Single Shuttle Split Ring) but I so enjoyed the challenge. I'm working on it again and making another one. I'll be sharing this pattern with my tatting group tomorrow. This thread is size 10 thread called Mexicali by J.P.Coates. It's a heavy thread but I just love the colors. I'll do it again in a smaller thread later.
Now, here are some other little motifs I tatted during the week. I just didn't have a chance to post them til now. The little crosses are from Jane Eborall's website and they are called Small Cross. I did these to learn the self closing mock ring. I love doing these. Lots of fun.... You can get the pattern off of her site at this
link....Jane Eborall Jane has a great blog and website. Lots of patterns and lots of help with tatting....I hope you look at her blog.
I tatted the purple one at the tatting group last week and the other one yesterday. I'm sorry but I can't remember what book it came out of, I'll find out tomorrow. I ordered the book and should get it in the mail. I'll update this and let you know where I got it. I told you I liked that thread. I think it's a fun thread to use...(Mexicali)
I did this one and I don't remember what or where the pattern came from. I just wanted to use the thread. It is Omega and tats up very stiff. It would be really good for coasters.
I'll post my other quilting pictures later. I need to get off for now and do some tatting and get ready for tomorrow. Til next time.....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt