I want to introduce you to a little friend of mine. She came to live with me this past week. I adopted her from another friend of mine who couldn't keep her anymore cause she had too many little friends like her. Her name is Hilda Highpockets and she now lives at my house and I have introduced to alot of new little friends here.
I think she is so cute, I just couldn't pass her up. She is sitting in front of a little quilt that I also acquired from my friend. She made this little redwork quilt and I thought it was really cute so I brought it home with me too. After all, Hilda had to have something familiar to her so she would be comfortable the first couple of days. Well, to say the least, she has gotten very comfortable in my home and says she never wants to leave. She has made so many new friends here.
Look at the redwork blocks, aren't they cute.
Here are some heart shaped pillows I made this week. My quilting group and my sewing group make pillows like this and we donate them to the Breast Resource Center at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. Every breast cancer patient that has surgery there gets one of these or something like it. We have made alot of these over the years and they always call me for more. The patients really appreciate someone thinking of them as they go through this tough time in their lives.
Ok, I posted these to ask you or remind you to please punch the pink button on the right of the screen to click on the Breast Cancer site. Each click is a free donation to someone that cannot afford a mammogram. This site is trying to get 200 clicks this month and they will make a sizeable donation to breast cancer research. Please take a moment and click on the pink button. Thanks for helping....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt